Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chicken Curry with Basil and Mango Ginger Chutney








After three months, I'm back to blogging!

Hello cuppycreme. I've missed you so.

Life got in the way.

Yes, I have a real life and for the past three months it took me for a crazy ride. I've realized that although it's not as colorful as I want it to be, it's not wanting in blessings.

Oh I made dinner tonight. The second time in three months that I cooked dinner.


I opened the pantry and saw an unopened pack of green curry paste and mango ginger chutney from Trader Joe's and decided to make a thai style chicken curry with basil.

It's simple and fast and tasty and spicy and ready in an El Ay minute (hehe!) I kid. It took me around 20 minutes to make it, prep time included.

It's real life dinner for real people.

PS

I wish I could make YOU dinner.
For real.


THAI CHICKEN CURRY

1 19 oz can coconut milk, divided
2 teaspoons green curry paste (use less if you don't want it spicy)
1 bell pepper cut into wide strips
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 lb boneless chicken thighs cut into huge chunks
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/3 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
juice of 1 lime
salt to taste

In a large skillet, bring 1/4 cup coconut milk and curry paste to a boil over medium high heat. Make sure to whisk constantly. Add bell pepper and onion. Saute for five minutes. Stir in chicken, remaining coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Stir. Add basil and lime juice. Season with salt.

Serve hot with rice and mango ginger chutney.

No comments: